- 3 slices of bacon, cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pound rainbow chardstems trimmed and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick, leaves cut crosswise 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped roasted, salted almonds
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Add the onions and chard stems to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chard leaves to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the leaves are wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and cook for1 minute. Stir in the almonds and the bacon. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.