- 1 1/2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 bunches assorted radishes, such as black, breakfast, daikon, icicle and watermelon (about 30), thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, toast the nigella and mustard seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer the seeds to a plate to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream with the vinegar and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the radishes on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the toasted seeds and serve.
NotesVariation To turn this into a radish slaw, cut the radishes into matchsticks (we like using a julienne peeler or a mandoline to do this) and toss with the sour cream dressing and the toasted nigella and mustard seeds.