- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 25-30 assorted radishes, such as French breakfast, watermelon and daikon—quartered or sliced so that all are 1/2 inch thick (5 cups)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Zest and juice of 1/2 navel orange
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a water bath to 181°. In a medium bowl, season one-third of the radishes with salt and white pepper. Transfer them to a 1-gallon vacuum-pack bag, arranging them in a single layer, and vacuum-seal. Submerge the bag in the water bath and cook at 181° for 20 minutes. Fill a bowl with ice water. Transfer the bag to the ice bath; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the orange zest and juice, shallot, sugar and vinegar. Whisk in 1 cup of oil; season with salt and white pepper.
- In a grill pan, heat a thin layer of oil. Add one-third of the radishes and cook over moderately high heat, turning, until browned and just tender, 7 minutes; transfer to plates with the sous vide radishes and remaining fresh radishes, drizzle with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.