Radish Salad with Pumpkin Seeds and Pumpkin Oil
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Pumpkin seed oil deepens the flavor of this simple, pretty and crisp radish salad.
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound radishes, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, chives, dill and chervil
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seed oil (see Note)
- 2 cups mixed microgreens, such as pea tendrils or baby arugula (about 1 ounce)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pumpkin seeds in a pie plate and toast for about 5 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer the seeds to a small bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon of the canola oil, season with salt and toss.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the cider vinegar with the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the radishes with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Arrange the radishes on plates or a platter. Sprinkle the herbs and the toasted pumpkin seeds on top and drizzle with the pumpkin seed oil. Toss the microgreens with the remaining vinaigrette. Top the radish salad with the microgreens and serve.
Salad can be tough to pair with wine, but the secret here is the pumpkin seed oil, an Austrian staple made from roasted pumpkin seeds. It gives radishes a heartier flavor that goes well with a little bit of sweetness. Try a feinherb-style wine from Germany.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.