- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 7 slices of sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 6 ounces red radishes, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, blend the softened butter with the lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt.
Spread the bread slices with the lemon butter. Using a 1 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut 16 rounds from 4 slices. Cut the remaining slices into 2 1/2-by-1-inch rectangles. Top with the parsley leaves and radish slices. Serve at once, or cover the sandwiches with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.