- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head of radicchio (about 10 ounces), torn into 2-inch pieces
- 4 Belgian endives, sliced crossswise 2 inches thick
How to make this recipe
- Prepare the salad In a small bowl, combine the butter, Parmesan cheese and pepper until smooth. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the Parmesan butter on each slice of bread. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Bake the crostini for about 8 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and salt. Add the radicchio and endives and toss. Arrange the salad on 8 small plates, garnish with the crostini and serve.
The crostini can stand for up to 2 hours in a cool place.