- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 heads of radicchio (2 pounds)—halved, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, sherry vinegar and onion. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In another large bowl, cover the radicchio with ice water and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and dry well.
- Remove the onion from the vinegar; discard the onion. Whisk the honey and olive oil into the vinegar and add the radicchio and 1 cup of the Manchego. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Mound the radicchio on a serving platter, top with the remaining Manchego and serve.
White wines from northern Italy usually have quite a bit of acidity, which helps them pair with salads dressed in tangy vinaigrettes.