Rachael Ray's Pasta Shells with Swordfish
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
In addition to hosting Food Network's 30 Minute Meals and $40 a Day, Rachael Ray is the author of five cookbooks, including three 30-Minute volumes.
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound medium pasta shells, farfalle or penne
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless swordfish steaks, sliced 1 inch thick and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Drain the shells and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the cubed swordfish, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned all over, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the swordfish to a large serving bowl.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the scallions and cook until the tomato skins pop, 2 minutes longer. Return the swordfish and any accumulated juices to the skillet and stir in the mint and parsley. Add the wine and pasta and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the large bowl and serve.
A full-bodied Italian white will stand up to the meaty swordfish in this dish.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.