- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Za’atar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
How to make this recipe
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper. Grill the chicken breasts over moderately high heat until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl, add the chicken and dried cranberries, then toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the white wine vinegar. Add the Za’atar, and cinnamon and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
This can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat before serving or serve cold.