- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Canola oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons lemon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups mixed radish and clover sprouts
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the quinoa until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and spread on a baking sheet. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until very dry, about 30 minutes.
- Set a fine sieve over a heatproof bowl. In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 inch of canola oil. Add half of the quinoa and fry over moderate heat, stirring, until the sizzling subsides and the quinoa is crisp, 1 to 2 minutes; drain in the sieve and spread on paper towels. Season with salt.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooked and crisped quinoa with the lemon oil, lemon juice, shallot and chives; season with salt.
- Spread the yogurt on plates. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Top with the quinoa and sprouts and serve.
Pair this quinoa dish with a focused, lively white Burgundy.