Quinoa with Spice-Roasted Shrimp and Pistou
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (packed) basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss the shrimp with the garlic and onion powders, paprika, oregano, fennel seeds, dried thyme, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper until coated. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°. In a food processor, pulse the basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme leaves, garlic and cheese. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season lightly with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- On a baking sheet, roast the shrimp for about 8 minutes, until curled and pink. Cut the shrimp into thirds and add to the quinoa with the pistou. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.