- 1 1/2 cups black quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Bring a pot of boiling salted water to a boil, then whisk in the quinoa and boil until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa and let cool to room temperature.
Peel and seed the cucumber, then cut into 1/2 -inch pieces. In a serving bowl, stir together the cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, mint, scallions, oil, zest, juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.