- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10-12 large basil leaves, cut into thick ribbons
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, garlic, water and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully absorbed the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. After the quinoa has cooled for 15 minutes, chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
In a serving bowl, toss the chilled quinoa with the olive oil, basil, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a salad or a side.