© Anna Williams
Quinoa Salad with Pickled Radishes and Feta
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 medium radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thin green beans
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large English cucumber—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces Greek feta cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring the red wine vinegar to a simmer with the sugar. Remove from the heat and add the radish slices. Let stand until cool, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the green beans until they are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the beans under cold water until cool. Pat the beans dry and cut them into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer over low heat until all of the water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Uncover and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with the parsley, lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Drain the radishes and add them to the quinoa, along with the beans, cucumber and feta. Toss well and serve.
Make AheadThe quinoa salad can be refrigerated for up to 3 hours.