- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Maple syrup, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Rinse the quinoa in 3 changes of water in a bowl, rubbing the grains and letting them settle each time before pouring off the water (if the quinoa does not settle, drain in a large fine-mesh sieve after each rinse).
- Put the quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 warm bowls. Drizzle with the remaining almond milk and top with the chopped apricots and almonds. Serve immediately with the maple syrup on the side.
The quinoa can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. Reheat over low heat, adding some water or coconut milk to loosen the mixture as needed.