- 1/2 cup quinoa
- One 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 mango, cut into fine dice (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons shredded dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, coconut milk, water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Remove the quinoa from the heat and stir in the carrot, mango, shredded coconut, pistachios and cranberries. Serve immediately.
One Serving: 342 cal, 18 gm fat, 12 gm sat fat, 40 gm carb, 5 gm fiber, 11 gm protein.