- 1/2 cup quinoa
- One 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 mango, cut into fine dice (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons shredded dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa, coconut milk, water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and stir in the carrot, mango, shredded coconut, pistachios and cranberries. Serve immediately.
One Serving: 342 cal, 18 gm fat, 12 gm sat fat, 40 gm carb, 5 gm fiber, 11 gm protein.