- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 stick butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, water and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully absorbed the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract, then pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well.
The quinoa can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, then rewarmed on the stove top with 1/4 cup of water.