- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 large avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
How to make this recipe
Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the cooked quinoa, kale and avocado. Toss with the dressing, and serve at room temperature or chilled.