- 1 cup quinoa
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salad greens and salad dressing, for serving
How to make this recipe
Whisk the quinoa into a medium pot of boiling salted water and cook until very tender and the grains have burst, about 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa in a sieve and cool to warm.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, coriander, cumin, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the quinoa and feta.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat until hot. Place half the batter, in 1/3 cup measures in the skillet, pressing each into a patty, browning the patties, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes each side. Repeat with the remaining batter and oil. Transfer the patties to paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle the quinoa patties with salt to taste and serve with the dressed salad.