- One 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- Ground cinnamon, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Combine the coconut milk, water, quinoa, salt and vanilla extract in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and simmer for 5 more minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.
This can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat with additional coconut milk before serving, or serve cold.
A sprinkle of ground cinnamon.