© Guy Ambrosino
Quinoa, Chickpea and Spinach Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This spinach and quinoa salad is all you need on a hot summer day—easy to make and so very refreshing to eat.
Slideshow: Salads with Grains
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces baby spinach (about 4 cups), coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in 3 changes of water in a bowl, rubbing the grains and letting them settle each time before pouring off the water (if the quinoa does not settle, drain in a large fine-mesh sieve after each rinse).
- Cook the quinoa in a medium saucepan of boiling well-salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a sieve and let cool.
- Combine the chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, scallions and cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the feta, lemon juice and olive oil and toss gently but thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead The salad can be made 2 hours ahead.