- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces baby spinach (about 4 cups), coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Rinse the quinoa in 3 changes of water in a bowl, rubbing the grains and letting them settle each time before pouring off the water (if the quinoa does not settle, drain in a large fine-mesh sieve after each rinse).
Cook the quinoa in a medium saucepan of boiling well-salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a sieve and let cool.
Combine the chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, scallions and cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the feta, lemon juice and olive oil and toss gently but thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The salad can be made 2 hours ahead.