- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease a large cast-iron skillet or casserole dish and set aside.
In a large lidded saucepan, heat the oil. Sautée the leek and shallot over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme and salt; cook for 1 more minute. Fold in the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green, 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and cook until the liquid has reduced and the broccoli is tender, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the quinoa, egg and 1 cup cheese.
Transfer to the prepared dish and spread in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake until the cheese has begun to brown, 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.