- 1 1/3 cups quinoa (about 1/2 pound), rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 kumquats—halved, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large Bosc pear—peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped stemmed watercress
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until just tender, about 12 minutes; the grains should be separate and intact. Drain the quinoa and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the kumquats and cilantro with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and let steep for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, pear and cucumber. Add the dressing and toss well. Add the watercress and toss again. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.