- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
How to make this recipe
Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to completely cool.
In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl toss together the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, parsley and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.