© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Perfect for fall, this quinoa salad is studded with juicy pomegranate seeds for extra texture and pops of flavor.
Slideshow: Salads with Grains
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to completely cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, parsley and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.