- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes halves, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup julienned basil
How to make this recipe
Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed.
Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chicken, and sun-dried tomatoes.
In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
Toss the quinoa mixture with the dressing and basil. Serve at room temperature or chilled.