- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Celery leaves from 1 large bunch
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; add it to the pan in a single layer. Cook over high heat, turning once, until well browned, 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook over moderate heat just until fragrant, 1 minute. Add most of the celery leaves and stir just until wilted, 30 seconds. Add the stock and vinegar and cook, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan, until the sauce is reduced to a few tablespoons, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the parsley and the remaining celery leaves and serve.
One Serving 245 cal, 11 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 2 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.
Brown or white rice.
Herbal, cassis-scented Cabernet Franc: 2008 Domaine Fabrice Gasnier Chinon Cuvée Vieilles Vignes.