Quick Thai Beef Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
We love this pungent, tangy salad because it is astonishingly fast to make. Other versions of this recipe require you to marinate and cook the meat, which can take hours; this variation (which appeared in F&W in May 2002) calls for store-bought roast beef instead.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 Thai chiles, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare beef
- 5 small scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- In a large bowl, mix the lime juice, fish sauce, chiles and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the beef, scallions, shallots, tomato, cucumber and celery leaves, toss gently and serve.