Quick, Soft, Sexy Grits
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This silky and rich version of the dish that Southerners eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner easily lives up to Jan Birnbaum's colorful name for it.
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups quick grits
- In a large saucepan, combine the stock, cream, butter and garlic. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and cook over low heat, whisking often, until thick and completely smooth, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco and serve.