Quick Curried Shrimp Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound cleaned cooked shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted shelled sunflower seeds
- Scoop the yogurt into a paper towel–lined colander set over a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. You should end up with 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the scallions and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Scrape into a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber and drained yogurt, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.