- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound cleaned cooked shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted shelled sunflower seeds
How to make this recipe
Scoop the yogurt into a paper towel–lined colander set over a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. You should end up with 1/2 cup yogurt.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the scallions and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Scrape into a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber and drained yogurt, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad and serve.
The shrimp salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 6 hours. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad just before serving.
One Serving 252 cal, 13 gm fat, 1.8 gm saturated fat, 7 gm carb, 2 gm fiber.
Whole wheat pita.