Quick Cucumber Pickles (Khachori)
- SERVINGS: 6
These pickles are even tastier if you refrigerate them for 1 or 2 days.
- 3 medium Kirby cucumbers, 1 peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Salt
- 2 scallion greens, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground Korean red chile (gocho karu)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- Slice all 3 cucumbers crosswise 1/4 inch thick. In a bowl, toss the slices with the salt and let stand for 1 hour. Pat dry with paper towels. Add the Sesame Salt, scallions, red chile, garlic, ginger and sugar, toss and let stand for 30 minutes. Toss with the sesame oil and serve
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.