- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 bunches collard greens (1 3/4 pounds)stems and inner ribs discarded, leaves cut into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the collard greens in 2 batches, wilting the first before adding more. Season with salt and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the greens are just tender and the liquid is nearly evaporated, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds, transfer the greens to a bowl and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.