© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Instead of marinating for hours, the chicken in these easy fajitas is sautéed in a quick sauce, which means dinner is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- Shredded cheese and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, salsa or chopped tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil with the garlic, salt, chile powder, ground cumin, paprika, sugar and fresh lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and stir in the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the onion and bell pepper and cook with the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the spice mixture and cook for another 2 minutes or until everything is well combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortillas and optional toppings.