- Two 12-ounce, 1-inch-thick boneless rib eye steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a resealable plastic bag, arrange the steaks in a single layer. Add the fish sauce and turn to coat. Seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Refrigerate for 3 days.
- Remove the steaks from the plastic bag and tightly wrap each one in a double layer of cheesecloth. Set the steaks on a rack set over a plate and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Unwrap the steaks, discarding the cheesecloth. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning once, until well-browned outside and medium-rare within, about 8 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Blackberry-scented, generous Shiraz.