- 1 fresh chorizo (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 medium Anaheim chile or 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or warm corn tortillas, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a rimmed baking sheet, roast the chorizo for about 15 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the corn and chile and cook over moderately high heat until browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chorizo. Season with salt.
Spray a 6-inch cast-iron skillet or small enameled cast-iron casserole with vegetable oil cooking spray. Heat the skillet in the oven for 5 minutes, until hot. Sprinkle half of the Monterey Jack and cheddar in the skillet, top with the chorizo mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly around the edge. Serve at once, with tortilla chips.