- 1/2 small green cabbage (3/4 pound), cored and finely shredded
- 3/4 pound young purslane
- 2 cups baby greens or mesclun
- 4 medium scallions, white part only, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large cucumberpeeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
How to make this recipe
Soak the cabbage in salted cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and spin dry in a salad spinner. Trim the purslane down, leaving only the small sprigs and leaves; you should have about 2 cups. Wash well and spin dry. Toss the cabbage and purslane with the mesclun, scallions and cucumber.
In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the salad and toss to coat. Garnish with the mint and serve.
Grilled fish or lamb kebabs and crusty bread.