- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, broken
- 3 whole cloves
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1 cherry, for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, cinnamon stick, cloves and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool, then strain.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the lime juice, grapefruit juice, tequila and 2 tablespoons of the spiced simple syrup. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled collins glass. Garnish with a cherry, if desired.
The spiced simple syrup can be strained and refrigerated for up to 1 week.