Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes about 7 ounces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the paper. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Continue to cook, undisturbed, until a deep amber caramel forms, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and the dissolved baking soda and stir until combined, then quickly pour the mixture onto the baking sheet, spreading it into a thin layer with a spatula. Let cool until hardened. Break into shards and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.