- 1 pound tomatillos, husked, rinsed and halved
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 dried chiles, such as New Mexico or guajillo, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a large baking sheet, toss the tomatillos and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatillos are tender. Add the dried chiles and roast for 3 minutes longer, until the chiles are toasted.
- Scrape the tomatillo mixture into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer the dip to a medium bowl and stir in the pumpkin seeds, sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
The dip can be refrigerated for 3 days.
Chips or roasted vegetables.