- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Baked Press-In Crust (see Note)
- Crème fraîche, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the sugars with the spices and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the sugar mixture, then whisk in the pumpkin puree and the evaporated milk until smooth.
Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350° and bake for about 25 minutes longer, until the filling is fully set. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve with crème fraîche.
The pumpkin pie bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Get the Baked Press-in Crust recipe here.