Pumpkin Pie Bars
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: One 9-by-13-inch pan
These bars have all of the spice and warmth of classic pumpkin pie, but they're more easily assembled as bars with a simple press-in crust.
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Baked Press-In Crust
- Crème fraîche, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the sugars with the spices and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the sugar mixture, then whisk in the pumpkin puree and the evaporated milk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350° and bake for about 25 minutes longer, until the filling is fully set. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve with crème fraîche.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.