Pumpernickel with Avocado, Charred Corn and Tomato
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium Green Zebra or other sweet heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 grilled slices of pumpernickel
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and pitted, each half cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup sliced jarred pickled onions
- Light a grill. Brush the corn with oil and grill over moderate heat until lightly charred, 8 minutes. Cut the kernels from the cob.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of oil with the vinegar. Fold in the corn, tomatoes, chile and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Top the bread with the sliced avocado, tomato salad and pickled onions and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.