- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced to a paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Prepared tomatillo salsa, for serving
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the corn with the chipotle paste and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred all over, about 4 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels off the cob.
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the corn and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
Fill the tortillas with the chicken and corn. Sprinkle with the queso fresco, drizzle with tomatillo salsa and serve.