- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced to a paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Prepared tomatillo salsa, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the corn with the chipotle paste and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred all over, about 4 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels off the cob.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the corn and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken and corn. Sprinkle with the queso fresco, drizzle with tomatillo salsa and serve.