Puerto Rican-Style Turkey
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon pure ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds turkey cutlets
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- In a mini food processor, combine the garlic, oregano, paprika, chile powder, curry and salt and process until the garlic is chopped. Add the vinegar and olive oil and process to a paste.
- Rub the marinade onto the turkey cutlets and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Light a grill. Scrape the marinade off of the turkey cutlets. Brush the cutlets with vegetable oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Serve hot.
Tropical South African Chenin Blanc.