Puerto Rican Rum Punch
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Many Caribbean cocktails use light rum but the dark rum here adds sweetness and depth.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup gold rum (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grenadine (2 ounces)
- One 750-ml bottle sparkling wine, such as Spanish cava, chilled
- Fresh pineapple chunks, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine the lime juice and sugar and stir briskly until the sugar is dissolved. Add the rum, orange liqueur and grenadine and chill the rum mixture for about 1 hour. Just before serving, add the sparkling wine and pineapple chunks and serve in punch glasses.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.