- 3 tablespoons Puerto Rican Annatto Oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a Dutch oven or large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about one minute per side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for five minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add the adobo, cumin, garlic and rice and sauté for two minutes over moderate heat.
Add the chicken broth, while stirring, then cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Top with shrimp and cilantro and serve.