- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
A fantastic dessert drink, this creamy cocktail is named after the late timbale-banging band leader Tito Puente, who popularized Latin music around the world. Cyrus Keyhari uses aged Dominican rum to give depth to what he calls "a grown-up Orange Julius."
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup amber rum, preferably Brugal Anejo Dominican Rum
- Moisten the outer rim of a highball glass with the lime wedge and coat with sugar. Fill the glass and cocktail shaker with ice. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, the orange juice, condensed milk, vanilla extract and amber rum; shake well. Strain into the prepared glass.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.