- One 1/8-inch-thick slice of jalapeño (with seeds)
- 3/4 ounce Raspberry Syrup (see Note)
- 1 ounce Jamaican white rum, preferably Plantation 3 Stars
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Beaujolais wine
- 1/2 ounce Zucca (rhubarb-flavored amaro)
- 1/2 teaspoon banana liqueur
How to make this recipe
In a cocktail shaker, lightly muddle the jalapeño with the Raspberry Syrup. Add the rum, lime juice, wine, Zucca and banana liqueur. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Fine-strain into a chilled coupe.
Raspberry Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 4 ounces of water with 3/4 cup superfine sugar and 1 1/2 cups raspberries. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, smashing the raspberries. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 8 ounces.