- 1 lime wedge
- Coarse salt
- 1 thin seeded jalapeño slice
- One 1-inch-thick banana slice
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled verjus (see Note)
- 1 ounce Raspberry Syrup (see Note)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
- Moisten half of the outer rim of a chilled coupe with the lime wedge and coat lightly with salt. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeño. Add the banana, verjus, Raspberry Syrup and lime juice. Fill the shaker with ice, shake well and fine-strain into the prepared coupe.
Verjus, the tart juice pressed from unripe grapes, is available at specialty food stores.
Raspberry Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 4 ounces of water with 3/4 cup superfine sugar and 1 1/2 cups raspberries. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, smashing the raspberries. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 8 ounces.