- 12 pitted prunes
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup cracked ice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional)
- In a bowl, cover the prunes with the hot water and let soften for about 20 minutes. Reserve the soaking water and coarsely chop the prunes.
- In a blender, mix the yogurt with the ice, maple syrup, vanilla and rum. Add the prunes and their soaking water and blend. Serve or pour into a thermos.
Make Ahead The shakes can be refrigerated overnight. Shake before drinking. Notes One Serving 243 calories, 1.2 gm total fat, 0.5 gm saturated fat, 54 gm carb.